Let's Go Fly A Kite - HTC Vive
A downloadable game for Windows
No lengthy install - just unpack the 32mb zip and run the exe!!!
Let's Go Fly A Kite is a kite game built for Virtual Reality. It was originally created for the Leap Motion 3D Jam and now supports HTC Vive with support for the controllers.
It uses a VR headset to allow you to fly a kite using real physics.
You can see a video of the gameplay here: https://youtu.be/nh9H23KQw04
- Better menus - both orientation and quality
- New environments
- Better shadow - the shadow is fully realised but the ground and light direction means its obscured by the ground geometry
- Wind noise that suits the location and wind speed
- Improved lighting and shadowing
- Changing wind conditions over time
- HTC Vive support
- P pauses the game
- Escape returns to the title screen
- F4 closes the game
- Z pulls the left string back
- X pulls the right string back
- F1 enters debug mode so you can debug your Leap Motion's fingers
- R resets the physics simulation
- M enters mirror mode which shows a different Oculus Rift spectator mode
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 7 with DirectX-End User Runtimes: (June 2010 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109)
- DirectX 11 compatible integrated graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
- Dual core CPU
- 2 GB Main Memory
- Optional Leap Motion controller
- Optional Oculus Rift VR
Recommended System Requirements:
- Windows 8 or Windows 10
- DirectX 11 compatible discrete graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
- Intel i5 or better
- 4 GB Memory
Install for HTC Vive:
- Download the Zip file included and unpack to a new folder
- Run or maximise the SteamVR Window and ensure the five icons are green
- Run Kite_OVR.exe for HMD version
Remove all the files you unpacked. This game does not use any registry or install any additional files into your system.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.