Being a Kraken (VR entry for LD33)
A downloadable game for Windows
Being A Kraken my entry for the Ludum Dare #33 "You Are a Monster" Game Jam.
This game was created in 16 hours for Ludum Dare between August 21st to August 24th back in 2015.
It uses physics simulation where each rigidbody object models its own buoyancy. The ships start to sink if a good proportion of their volume is submerged. In contrast, the player controls a Kraken which is neutrally buoyant allowing it to travel through three dimensions.
It the game you attack ships from below using stealth. The ships will target your last sighted position with depth charges.
- Kraken is controlled by [world] yaw and [local] pitch. The roll axis self-rights for an improved experience
- Buoyancy is really modelled: ships take on water when tipped and actually sink
- Depth charges behave quite a lot like real ones – especially that moment where they enter the water and slow
- This game was Not Made in Unity - source code is linked from the Ludum Dare page.
- Arrow keys rotate view
- W swim forward
- S swim backward
- A/D swim (strafe) sideways
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 7 with DirectX-End User Runtimes: (June 2010 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109)
- DirectX 11 compatible integrated graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
- Dual core CPU
- 2 GB Main Memory
- Optional Oculus Rift VR
Recommended System Requirements:
- Windows 8 or Windows 10
- DirectX 11 compatible discrete graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
- Intel i5 or better
- 4 GB Memory
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.